2021-12-28 KosherGram PDF
SPRITE WINTER SPICED CRANBERRY Limited Edition and SPRITE GINGER sodas, in both regular and Zero Sugar varieties, are Kosher, and bear the OU symbol on the bottle cap or engraved into the can lid.
KRONOS CLASSIC HUMMUS is certified cRc Pareve and is labeled correctly on the individual 4 lb. tubs. The outer cases that state Dairy are outdated and are being used up.
OLITALIA ITALIAN COLLECTION, currently being sold at Sam’s Club as a Limited Time item, contains a bottle of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with an OU, and a bottle of Balsamic Vinegar of Modena with no Kosher marking. The vinegar contains grape must and wine vinegar, and is not Kosher. The OU symbol on the outer display case refers only to the olive oil.
THE FOLLOWING PRODUCTS BEAR AN UNAUTHORIZED KOSHER SYMBOL:
- Various FURTHER FOOD COLLAGEN [animal] products bear an unauthorized OK symbol.
- AMBROSIA BOVINE [animal] COLLAGEN POWDER bears an unauthorized OK symbol
- Various FLORAJEN PROBIOTICS products bear an unauthorized OK symbol.
- KOLIKOF BOWFIN CAVIAR bears an unauthorized Star-K symbol.
- BUCKY BADGER POPCORN products bear an unauthorized KSW symbol [Kosher Supervisors of Wisconsin / Wisconsin Kosher].
- WILDLY ORGANIC / WILDERNESS FAMILY NATURALS GOJI BERRIES mistakenly bear the EarthKosher symbol on some packaging. [Note: All brands of Goji Berries should be avoided, due to serious infestation issues.]
THE FOLLOWING KOSHER CERTIFIED PRODUCTS CONTAIN DAIRY INGREDIENTS, but are not labeled correctly as Dairy:
- WELLSLEY FARMS MINI CINNAMON ROLLS sold at BJ’s – contains milk, but mistakenly bears a plain OU symbol without the D.
- 7-SELECT CHOCOLATE PUDDING and 7-SELECT VANILLA PUDDING sold at 7-Eleven contain milk and cream, but mistakenly bear a plain OU symbol without the D.
COCA-COLA and SPRITE in 12 oz. cans with specific date codes on the bottom of the can [Coca-Cola: AUG1522WMB and AUG1522WMC; Sprite: AUG1522WMB] have been recalled due to the potential presence of foreign matter. These products were distributed in the Southeastern states. Details are available at https://www.commissaries.com/our-agency/newsroom/news-releases/coca-cola-recalls-coca-cola-and-sprite12-oz-cans-due-potential or 800-438-2653.
DOLE SALADS RECALL: Dole has recalled all Dole branded and private label salads produced at its Bessemer City, NC and Yuma, AZ processing facilities due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. These products bear either the letter N or Y in the beginning of the code below the Use By date, and will have a “Best if Used By” date between November 30, 2021, and January 8, 2022. This includes various iceberg/ Garden Salad and coleslaw products bearing OK certification under the following brand names: DOLE, KROGER, LITTLE SALAD BAR [Aldi], MARKETSIDE [Walmart], LIDL, and AHOLD. (Also Dole Shredded Carrots.) Details are available at https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/dole-fresh-vegetables-announces-voluntary-recall-salads-processed-its-bessemer-city-nc-and-yuma-az?utm_medium=email&utm_source=govdelivery or 800-356-3111.
FRESH EXPRESS SALADS RECALL: Fresh Express is recalling Fresh Express branded and private label salads produced at its Streamwood, Illinois facility due to possible contamination with Listeria monocytogenes. These products bear the letter Z in the beginning of the code below the Use By date. The recall includes all Use By dates with product codes Z324 through Z350, and includes various iceberg/ Garden Salad and coleslaw products bearing Star-K certification under the following brand names: FRESH EXPRESS, LITTLE SALAD BAR [Aldi], MARKETSIDE [Walmart], GIANT EAGLE, and SIGNATURE FARMS [Jewel-Osco]. Details are available at https://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/fresh-express-announces-recall-of-fresh-salad-products-due-to-potential-health-risk-301448686.html or 800- 242-5472.
[NOTE: Little Salad Bar and Marketside salads that bear an OK Kosher symbol (as in the local Detroit area) are produced by Dole. In some areas they are produced by Fresh Express and bear a Star-K.]