2021-8-4 KosherGram PDF
OREO SANDWICH COOKIES: The following is an updated list from the OU of Oreo OU-D cookies that are Dairy Equipment. Cookies on this list may be consumed after meat and poultry, but not simultaneously. (New varieties are in bold.)
“At the present time the following Oreo Sandwich Cookies do not contain dairy ingredients, although they are manufactured on dairy equipment:
• Oreo Basecake Cookie Crumbs
• Oreo Brookie-O Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Caramel Coconut Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Carrot Cake Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Chocolate Marshmallow Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Cinnamon Bun Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Dark Chocolate Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Double Stuf Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Gluten Free Double Stuf Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Gluten Free Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Golden Double Stuf Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Golden Mega Stuf Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Golden Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Hazelnut Creme Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Java Chip Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Lemon Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Maple Cream Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Mini Original Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Mint Creme Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Original Mega Stuf Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Original Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Red, White & Blue Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo S’mores Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Thins Latte Creme Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Thins Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Tiramisu Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Triple Double Sandwich Cookies
• Oreo Winter Edition Sandwich Cookies
Please bear in mind that the manufacturer may choose in the future to reformulate these products and add dairy ingredients. Since these products already bear OUD symbols, formulation changes would not be reflected in the OUD logo. As such, we recommend that consumers check regularly with our [OU] office to confirm the status of these items.”
NEW SLURPEE SYRUPS: [This information is for the benefit of Kashrus Supervisors and consumers who inspect (with permission of store management) the labels on the 2.5 / 5 gal. bag-in-boxes of syrups in the back of the store, which feed the Slurpee machines. The flavor cards posted on the Slurpee machines in front cannot be relied upon to determine the Kosher status of the Slurpee, because they often do not correspond with the brand and variety of the syrup that is actually feeding the machine.]
The following new Slurpee FCB syrups are Kosher and pareve.
• VITAMINWATER ZERO SUGAR GUTSY FCB (no symbol required) • VITAMINWATER XXX FCB (no symbol required)
V8 ORIGINAL 100% VEGETABLE JUICE in bottles (12, 32, 46 and 64 oz. sizes), and in 5.5 and 11.5 oz. cans, is OU certified and bears the OU symbol on the back. However, the 46 oz. can is not certified and does not bear an OU.
FERRERO PECANS from IL NUTS/ YOSSEF ROASTING mistakenly lists milk chocolate in the ingredients. This product is pareve.
CHOCOLATE WORKS S’MORES from 5th Avenue Chocolatiere, Freeport, NY, is certified as dairy by the cRc, but mistakenly does not bear the dairy designation.
NATURAL EARTH TOASTED YAKI SUSHI NORI in .70 oz. packages with an expiration code of Feb 11 2022 was incorrectly labeled with a Star-K symbol. This lot was not checked and is not certified. Other lots of Natural Earth Nori are certified when bearing the Star-K symbol.
CHOCOA CRISP STRAWBERRY CHOCOLATE DECOR PEARLS from Chef’s Warehouse bears an unauthorized OU symbol on some packages. If you see this product in the marketplace, please provide details to email@example.com.
“NO NAME” FRUIT SALAD IN FRUIT JUICE FROM CONCENTRATE, sold in Canada, bears an unauthorized COR symbol. This product is not Kosher, even when bearing the COR 1 symbol.
LIFE SMART FRUIT COCKTAIL WITH CHERRIES, distributed by Metro Brands and sold in Canada, bears an unauthorized Star-K symbol.
NO LONGER STAR-K/STAR-D CERTIFIED: Effective July 1, 2021, the following brands (listed by Brand name/Company name) are no longer certified by either Star-K or Star-D, even when bearing the Star-K or Star-D symbol:
• Aunt Gussie’s / Aunt Gussie’s Cookies and Crackers
• B.A.D. Foods / B.A.D. Foods Company
• Barely Bread / Barely Bread
• BudiBar / Budi Brands
• Early Bird Foods / Aunt Gussie’s Cookies and Crackers
• Ella’s / Aunt Gussie’s Cookies and Crackers
• Real Cookies / Get Real Foods
• Naked Granola / Naked Granola, Cookie Division
• Naked Whey / Naked Nutrition
• Black’s Family Ket’Oh Bites / Poppy Industries, Canada
McCORMICK / FRANK’S RECALL: McCormick Perfect Pinch Italian Seasoning (1.31 and 2.25 oz.), McCormick Culinary Italian Seasoning (1.75 lb.), and Frank’s RedHot Buffalo Ranch Seasoning (153g, sold in Canada) with specific Best By dates have been recalled due to possible contamination with Salmonella. Details are available at https://www.fda.gov/safety/recalls-market-withdrawals-safety-alerts/voluntary-recall-notice-mccormick-italian-seasoning-products-and-franks-redhot-buffalo-ranch or 800-635-2867.