EREV SHABBOS – FRIDAY, MAY 8
- Today is Pesach Sheni. Some have the Minhag to omit Tachanun during Shacharis.
- Plag Hamincha is at 7:11 pm. Those making early Shabbos should complete Mincha before then and light candles at that time. All three paragraphs of Krias Shema should be repeated after nightfall at 9:29 pm.
- Zman candle lighting is at 8:23 pm. Those accepting Shabbos at the Zman should complete Mincha before 8:41 pm.
- Sefiras Haomer should be counted after 9:29 pm.
SHABBOS DAY – MAY 9
- Honetz Hachama (sunrise) is at 6:17 am.
- Sof Zman Krias Shema (M”A) is at 9:18 am or 9:54 am (Gr”a.)
- Sof Zman Tefillah is at 11:06 am (Gr”a.)
- This Shabbos we read Parshas Emor. The Haftorah is from Sefer Yechezkel (44:15-31)
- Mincha on Shabbos day should be recited after 2:06 pm.
- Avos Perek Daled.
- Shkiah (sunset) on Shabbos day is at 8:42 pm. Mincha should be completed before then.
- Shabbos concludes at 9:30 pm (Rabbenu Tam at 9:54 pm) Havdalah and Sefiras Haomer should not be recited before then.
This coming Monday, May 11, is the second Monday of BeHaB
This coming Tuesday, May 12, is Lag BaOmer. We do not recite Tachanun on Tuesday as well as during Mincha on Monday afternoon.