2023-9-13 KosherGram PDF
PAS YISROEL – Part II: [See previous Pas Yisroel information in 8/31/23 KosherGram]
- ESS IN is added to the list of K-COR establishments that are totally Pas Yisroel.
- LILLY’S BABKA, RUGELACH and other cakes and cookies with an OU from Lilly’s Baking Company / Brooklyn Brands purchased until and including Erev Rosh Hashana (9/15/23) are Pas Yisroel. Product purchased after Rosh Hashana should not be considered Pas Yisroel.
- S. ROSEN’S BREADS, BUNS AND ROLLS with an OU (available at Costco) – The following products are certified by the OU as Pas Yisroel: 100% Healthy Multi Grain Bread, 9 Grain Bread, Sour Dough Bread, County White Bread, Hawaiian Rolls. Other S. Rosen’s products with an OU are Pas Yisroel per the glow-bar method*, including Deli Style Brioche Buns that bears an ink-jetted OU symbol next to the Best If Used By date.
- NATURAL OVENS BAKERY KETO-FRIENDLY WHITE BREAD with an OU ink jetted on the individually wrapped loaves (available at Costco) is Pas Yisroel.
* an electrical heating element turned on by the Mashgiach, which most Kashrus agencies consider Pas Yisroel. The OU, however, does not accept this as Pas Yisroel, based on the psak of Rabbi Yisroel Belsky zt’l.
DISH KOSHER CUISINE: Effective immediately, Dish Kosher Cuisine is no longer certified by the Council of Orthodox Rabbis of Greater Detroit.
LEROUX LIQUEURS: Following the acquisition of the Leroux liqueur brand by Phillips Distilling Company, Leroux liqueurs will no longer be certified, and new bottles do not bear the OU symbol. Check each bottle. Consumers who wish to express their desire for Kosher certification can contact the company at: email@example.com .
New MOUNTAIN DEW PITCH BLACK FCB Limited Edition Slurpee syrup is Kosher and pareve (no symbol required). The label on the syrup box in the back must be checked to verify the brand and flavor.
TRADER JOE’S MULTIGRAIN CRACKERS WITH SUNFLOWER AND FLAX SEEDS with “Best If Used By Dates” between 03 01 24 and 03 05 24 have been recalled due to pieces of metal found in the product. Details are available at https://www.foodsafetynews.com/2023/08/trader-joes-crackers-recalled-over-metal-found-in-product/ or 626-599-3817.
PARENT’S CHOICE brand SENSITIVITY PREMIUM INFANT FORMULA and TIPPY TOES brand SENSITIVITY PREMIUM INFANT FORMULA with specific codes have been recalled due to an inadvertent release of rejected product to the market. Details are available at Infant formula recalled because of an inadvertent release of rejected product | Food Safety News .
We Wish All a K’siva v’Chasima Tova